Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greys Anatomy fic - What a difference an hour makes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Writers' Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJ
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Greys Anatomy fic - What a difference an hour makes. Reply with quote

This is my first Greys Anatomy and everything belongs to Shonda.
The story is based on Meredith's thoughts at the end of the series 5 finale.
-----------------------------------------------------

What can happen in an hour?
You can treat people whose lives depend on you.
You can make decisions that will change your live forever.
In an hour you could do something amazing...
... Or make the biggest mistake of your life.

For Dr Meredith Grey an hour has changed her live forever.

Two hours ago Meredith was planning on eloping to City Hall to get married. Yes dark and twisty Meredith wanted to get married. Life was too short. She couldn’t imagine spending another day not being married to Derek Shepherd. When they heard Izzie’s prognosis they both decided that Izzie and Alex deserved the whole big wedding. After all it was more an Izzie than a Meredith wedding. At least now, her and Derek could have the wedding they had wanted all along. Small, intimate and instead of a puffy wedding dress they would exchange vows dressed in their scrubs.

But the whole City Hall wedding was put on hold. They needed to operate on John Doe.

Meredith didn’t really care. She did not need a big fancy dress or a church full people to pledge her future to Derek. In her heart they were married and that is what matters.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An hour ago Meredith and Derek got married on a post-it note.

Now an hour later Meredith was standing in the ladies washroom staring into her reflection in the mirror trying to process what had happened. She could faintly hear someone being sick in one of the cubicles and then the chain flushing. The cubicle door opened at the same time as the door to the ladies room. All three women stared at each other through the mirror. Their faces etched in shock.

John Doe was George O’Malley.

Izzie had signed a DNR.

She had been the OR when Owen and Derek were operating on George.

She could hear Derek’s pager beeping in the background but was too focused on George willing him to live to even register that the pager beeping meant Izzie was also in trouble.

Thirty minutes later George O’Malley MD was pronounced brain dead. Meredith was gazing straight ahead at Derek. She could faintly hear Owen asking if George had been an organ donor while Callie starting hyperventilating when the Chief entered the OR.

The Chief resuscitated Izzie, but at a cost. Between the surgery, chemotherapy and a seizure it had taken its toll on Izzie. She would never waken. She had also signed a DNR of which there would be repercussions.

Now standing staring in the mirror Meredith, Callie and Bailey stood mourning.

Callie - for an ex-husband who jumped in front of a bus to save a stranger.

Bailey - for two students but it felt as if they were her own children.

Meredith - for two friends who had stood beside and supported through so much.

The scene only lasted a matter of seconds but each woman knew that live goes on. Lives need to be saved.

For Meredith she was glad that for once she would not be mourning alone. She would not shut Derek away like she did when her mother had died.

When she opened the door to leave the restroom she found Derek waiting for her. She was in his arms in seconds.

An hour later they walked out of the hospital hand-in-hand. Their life together was just beginning.

---------------------------
Love it or hated it I would love to hear your comments. Please, please review!

J
Smile

Twisted Sister
aka
JJ
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, not knowing any of the characters, I gather that George O'Malley was someone important to the three women?

Urk, and Izzie is in a coma after all said and done. I should think the doctors will be in trouble, ignoring a DNR.

At least Meredith and Derek managed to get married...on a post-it? Hee...
cluelessangel85
Chosen One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy You nailed it JJ!

'Always'
Leni
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch the episode with the post-it note (and then I missed it again in the re-run) so I cannot tell you how well you've worked with it. But I did watch the part where Callie hyperventilates, and I think you've worked the three women's reactions very well.

I like that it ended on a Derek/Meredith note, too. M/D needs all the love it can get.
JJ
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all three of you for reviewing this story.

I have posted it on various Greys Anatomy boards and on ffnet and have literally had about 5 reviews - i am so pleased you liked it.

I am currently a new Greys fic which will be longer than anything i have planned before. If it goes well i will then start a new Buffy story.

Thanks again

J

Twisted Sister
aka
JJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Writers' Workshop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: