Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Angelus and Giselle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Angelus and Giselle Reply with quote

Hi to all, I need your help. I'm looking a fanfics that I began to read long ago, but I lost the link. I remember it was set in Russia and the story is about Angelus, who went to the theater with Darla, to see Giselle.
I do not remember the title of the fanfic, but it was set in the nineteenth century and I think he was referring to the episode of ATS "Waiting in the Wings"
I do not remember if it was also a history BA, but I would like find it..

Hi and thanks Smile

hugs
janas

"I just know that when you're around, whether I see you or not, I feel you. Inside."
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I broke everyone's eyeballs with my battering ram posts lasting days, I can only suggest a bit of looking here, as I honestly haven't time to look myself. WARNING re NC-17 and slash/violence, etc.

http://www.fangedfour.com/lasttime/

NOTICE the links on the home page, and, under fanfiction, of course, Peasant who is here

http://www.emptymirrors.org.uk/off/offindex.html

You will find a lot of Spike as the focus, but don't let that deter you. More historical romance, as vampires would do it.

http://archive.shriftweb.org/

More than prayer to get through this monster of an archive.

You will find some good reading/writing, NO MATTER WHAT, especially Peasant, who does the mind games so well, despite the violence, of her charming, yet horribly mean Angelus, picking on Spike, generally.

Just couldn't ignore you, my dear friend, as being at the ballet, USUALLY doesn't have much to do with the story being told or the relationships being used/discussed. Sorry!

If you got a bit more on the story you remember, I can help narrow this down WHERE to even start, if not find it. It is actually ringing a bell, but I think I remember more about the attention to details of "scenery" and manner of dress with actual mannerisms, including a lusty carriage ride and "getting around" Darla's springs under her gown! The crying during the ballet was actually for Giselle driving Albrecht mad--not the story; the idea, of course that "explains Dru" IT WAS WINTER, OF COURSE.

Your recollection: Was Angelus' learning his art as the Scourge or already very practiced and were any of the other vamps around?

HUGS!
sybil
janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sybil, but I avoid reading fanfic where there's Spike. I am sorry to say, but I hate him. Embarassed

The story I'm looking for has been written by a bangel, or the site was bangel. I think it started with Angel who remembered the first time he had seen Giselle. He was annoyed because Cordelia was unable to appreciate the ballet and snored beside him. So Angel, indulges in memories and I liked it because it described the emotions of Angelus who wept like a child, for the beauty of music. There was no violence, and Darla is not important in history. I remember a detailed description of the theater and the city. Maybe it was Moscow or St. Petersburg, snowing and there was a very Christmas atmosphere Smile

"I just know that when you're around, whether I see you or not, I feel you. Inside."
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOA! Don't hold back. (re Spike) hee hee.

THIS sounds lovely, even though beautiful music is something I actually thought could be believable for him as it would stir something in him, a haunt of his humanity and that would just have to be painful, for good and bad reasons.

I am sure it crossed your mind that Giselle as a pure girl, "favored among her people" no less, driven mad by a man who betrays her, is a perfect set up for how Angelus thought up his highest art in a kind of "perverse reverse" (Dru).

Sorry, my tender one, that this one is one I somehow missed. shucks.

HUGS YOU!
sybil
The Librarian
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read this one, too, janas.

I remember that lovely description of a wintry Russia, but what I can't remember is the name of the story! I wonder, is it one of the IWRY stories from a couple of years back? I haven't got time to go and look, but they're all still archived and you can get them through the IWRY site.

Jo
janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it. Very Happy
The author is Ares. The site is Scribes of Angel
A Russian Interlude
Now, I have to laugh, because in fact there is some violence
(well, with Angelus, it is impossible that there is no blood..)
I smile for my selective memory, I had in mind only the theater and snow...

thanks and merry christmas Heart

The Librarian
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly, I found it last night, too, and discovered I'd beta'd it, which is presumably why I remembered it so well!

It must be an age thing....

And this is definitely telling - before I found it, I asked the lovely Ares if she knew such a story, and she said she'd have a look round, see if she could find one...

:~))))

Our forum mistress should be pleased that she's the one with it in the Scribes archive!

Hope you enjoyed reading it again... And Merry Christmas!

Jo
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I was under the influence of champagne at the time. Christmas Eve and all that when I was asked, Wink and the the Day and I didnt get my brain into gear and think about Giselle. I thought it was a person named Giselle looking for a fic. Shocked

And it turned out to be mine. I am rather proud of that fic, and I hope that you like it as much as I do. Yes, Jo beta'd it for me and she did a lovely job as always.

Thanks, Jo, for looking this up and finding it for Jana.

No Spike, other than a vague mention. Smile

Enjoy.

Ares
janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo.. Ares .. ahahaha Laughing

Yes, I read it again and I liked it even more than of first time. Beautiful the final reference to "What's My Line" (I had forgotten) which is my favorite scene bangel, and I loved the comparison with the superficiality of Cordelia. During this time I'm suffering from withdrawal syndrome from the BA and I'm trying to get drunk of fanfic Smile ... I really miss Buffy and Angel

My big problem is the language English. I can not understand everything, but the Italian fanfic are not always to my liking. I think they are not realistic, even if you do think I know why. In Italy, ATS is little known and in the fanfic he feels is lacking "Angel" in its entirety.

Thanks girls, you are great Heart
Ares Heart

Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for reading and commenting. I do love that particular story. It's one of my favourites. I did a lot of research on St Petersburg to get the background right.

English is a hard enough language for we English-speaking people, let alone one who has had to learn it later in life. I think you do an excellent job of it.
Thanks again, sweetie.

Back at you Heart

Ares
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: