Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What fics are not being written?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babytess6693
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: What fics are not being written? Reply with quote

I've noticed recently that there is a serious lack of creative ideas when it comes to fics.

It always the same ideas and nobody switches up the pace.

I can understand wanting bangel to have a happy ending , But

where are the stories that push the edge and show realism?

Where are the se kind of stories:

~ Bangel dealing with a divorce and it's aftermath.

~ Any "you're welcome" or "NFA" fics with buffy in them.

~ Buffy either having a miscarriage or an Abortion.

~ Buffy taking over AI after Angel either dies or fakes his death to get the IRS off his back.

~ Buffy and Cordelia teaming up to show Angel that Nina is an evil, skanky ding~dong.

~ Buffy in an abusive relationship with Angelus.

~ Buffy goes to AI post~nfa and asks the team to help her find a sperm donor.
Kean
Chosen One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What fics are not being written? Reply with quote

babytess6693 wrote:
I've noticed recently that there is a serious lack of creative ideas when it comes to fics.

It always the same ideas and nobody switches up the pace.

I can understand wanting bangel to have a happy ending , But

where are the stories that push the edge and show realism?

Where are the se kind of stories:

~ Bangel dealing with a divorce and it's aftermath.

~ Any "you're welcome" or "NFA" fics with buffy in them.

~ Buffy either having a miscarriage or an Abortion.

~ Buffy taking over AI after Angel either dies or fakes his death to get the IRS off his back.

~ Buffy and Cordelia teaming up to show Angel that Nina is an evil, skanky ding~dong.

~ Buffy in an abusive relationship with Angelus.

~ Buffy goes to AI post~nfa and asks the team to help her find a sperm donor.

If you look around you'll find fic written for nearly all of the scenarios you mentioned above, and a thousand other scenarios, too. I have definitely read fics about B/A and divorce, Buffy having a miscarriage, Buffy teaming up with Angel for NFA, or coming to LA in the aftermath of NFA, Angel dying and the aftermath for Buffy fics, and there are TONNES of Buffy/Angelus fics.

The only way to really find stuff like that is to dig: go to Octaves of Your Heart, go to Scribes of Angel, Peaches On Top, Indie's site, Tango, Gia's Every Six Seconds, the B/Angelus fics of Laure's "The Erotic Adventures of Willow and Spike" series are legendary, as are Jo's The Nature of the Beast and Leni's Courting Sin. There's also the The Buffer and Land of Denial.

I guarantee you if you have a look around those sites you'll find piles of B/A fic that fit your specifications.
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mind sharing some links of your favorite fics?

Oh and I'm in awe of your banner, What program did you use to make it?
Kean
Chosen One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babytess6693 wrote:
Do you mind sharing some links of your favorite fics?

Oh and I'm in awe of your banner, What program did you use to make it?

I'm in my phone, so I can't link anything. Google any of the sites I mentioned and you'll find great stuff.

My friend made that sig for me, I think she used Photoshop CS3.
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also don't forget the old adage, "If you want to read a good story, write one." All fanfiction begins when a fan has an idea - the only way that those turn into stories that other fans want to read is someone taking the initiative to expand them.

It's hard work, but that's why a good story is so valued. Inspiration is great, but fleeting. Someone has to snag it and use it while it's there.
babytess6693
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kairos wrote:
Also don't forget the old adage, "If you want to read a good story, write one." All fanfiction begins when a fan has an idea - the only way that those turn into stories that other fans want to read is someone taking the initiative to expand them.

That adage doesnt apply to me.

I've got writers block.

It's hard work, but that's why a good story is so valued. Inspiration is great, but fleeting. Someone has to snag it and use it while it's there.

Kairos, you've been known to write a good and steamy fic from time to time.

What do you do to spark up your inspiration?
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly? I enjoy my own writing. I like being able to choose every detail of a scene I want to happen. Imagining them is fun, but not really satisfying until it takes shape on the page.

Of course, at this point I'm basically pulling that from memory, since I haven't really been writing at all lately...
babytess6693
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kairos wrote:
Honestly? I enjoy my own writing. I like being able to choose every detail of a scene I want to happen. Imagining them is fun, but not really satisfying until it takes shape on the page.

I feel the same way too.

There is just something that is illuminating about finally getting that certain idea on paper and then unleashing that story unto the world and then getting those reviews.

I live for reviews. :)

I'm just a sucker for constructive criticism.

It's like pizza to me , I've just gotta have it.

Of course, at this point I'm basically pulling that from memory, since I haven't really been writing at all lately...

You should start writing again. Why did you stop?
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm going to blame my boyfriend. What a time sink. Before that, there was some stress/depression and just various kinds of busy - also taking on too much in fandom, so I had comic reviews and discussion to work on in my spare time instead of fanfiction.

And after a while, an untouched story starts to fade away in your mind and then you no longer have the spark to keep at it. Right now I'm pretty sure I could revive any of my WIPs or ideas with some extra effort, but the need to tell the story doesn't feel as urgent. It's a delicate balance, but I know I haven't permanently given up on it.

Oh, and when you quote a post, make sure to put the tags around each quoted segment, so your own text doesn't get lost within. Otherwise we might not notice it and miss reading all you have to say. Smile
babytess6693
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kairos wrote:
Right now I'm going to blame my boyfriend. What a time sink. Before that, there was some stress/depression and just various kinds of busy - also taking on too much in fandom, so I had comic reviews and discussion to work on in my spare time instead of fanfiction.

And after a while, an untouched story starts to fade away in your mind and then you no longer have the spark to keep at it. Right now I'm pretty sure I could revive any of my WIPs or ideas with some extra effort, but the need to tell the story doesn't feel as urgent. It's a delicate balance, but I know I haven't permanently given up on it.

Oh, and when you quote a post, make sure to put the tags around each quoted segment, so your own text doesn't get lost within. Otherwise we might not notice it and miss reading all you have to say. Smile

What's wrong with your boyfriend? Is he sick?

There are only 2 terrible things about winter.

That's the flu and higher gas prices.

If you are having trouble finishing your WIPs, why not ask someone on the board to finish them up for up?

There has got to be one person on the board who has a writing style similar to yours and can finish your stories properly.

Speaking of that, I had been meaning to start up a fic request thread.

I just wasn't sure what section of the board to put it in.

I'm terrible with HTML and Quoting. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: