Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."


 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a partner to write with. Please help.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
babytess6693
Warrior


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 102
Location: Lurking in port charles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Looking for a partner to write with. Please help. Reply with quote

Hello

I've recently noticed that this site doesn't have a beta reader request thread nor a writer companion thread so this is my individual plea for help.

I have been writing a post NFA/Post Chosen B/A fic since last year and I need help to finish it.

I'm not following the comics at all with this.

It's pretty much my own spin on what happened after both series originally ended.

A few of the characters are slightly OOC but that's because I'm testing out some theories on them that I have.

Nothing too outlandish but some stuff that you would probably ponder and understand once I explained it to you.

It's a little longer than I originally anticipated it to be but it's still pretty good and steamy.

I'm having a huge problem with the description of scenes but most of the dialogue has been written.

I just need someone to help me finish this story because I'm at my wits end with it but I don't want to lug it over into the recycle bin.

I want to write and collaborate with someone who is open minded and full of fresh ideas and loves this side of the fandom as much as I do.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post for which I am sure probably sounds like a personal ad.

If you are interested, please send a message to my inbox.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
janas
Dark Avenger


Joined: 31 Jan 2011
Posts: 455
Location: Italia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you settle of my English bad, which is definitely a barrier to communication, I would be willing to help you. I can read your fanfic, as long as it is B/A, I can read with joy Smile
In your story there is Spike too? because, for me, this could be a problem. Embarassed
_________________

"I just know that when you're around, whether I see you or not, I feel you. Inside."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
babytess6693
Warrior


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 102
Location: Lurking in port charles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janas wrote:
If you settle of my English bad, which is definitely a barrier to communication, I would be willing to help you. I can read your fanfic, as long as it is B/A, I can read with joy Smile
In your story there is Spike too? because, for me, this could be a problem. Embarassed




Your english seems pretty good to me. :)

The story is about B/A and is centered around them going into business together and working to rebuild their relationship.

A couple of unexpected events and a major revelation put a damper on things for a while but everything works itself out in the end.

I'm considering a few crossovers at the moment but nothing is set in stone and I'm still trying to figure out how those certain characters would fit into the story.

Spike is in it but he 's only around for like 5 minutes at the beginning and has a small part at the end.

But I can always take him out and replace him with someone else.

There's a villain in my story but it's someone that nobody would expect.

I wish that I could reveal more to you but this post is public and people are reading it and I really don't want anyone to steal my idea......AGAIN.

Is there any other questions that you have?



else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
janas
Dark Avenger


Joined: 31 Jan 2011
Posts: 455
Location: Italia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babytess6693 wrote:
Your english seems pretty good to me. Smile

As regards my English, I'm definitely not in a position to correct any errors (I myself I need to be correct all the time), but I can tell you if the story flows well, this yes, I think to be able to do it.
Quote:
Spike is in it but he's only around for like 5 minutes at the beginning and has a small part at the end.

But I can always take him out and replace him with someone else.

Rule number one: Never change your story only because don't like to your readers. This is one thing that I did when I started writing fanfics, I allowed that the reviews would guide my stories, and I changed my fanfics following their tastes, but in the end, this left me unsatisfied. It's your story and it's expected the presence of a certain character, he must be in. With Spike my problem is that... Well, I don't like him much (much less Spuffy), but I can take it for five minutes.

Quote:
There's a villain in my story but it's someone that nobody would expect.

I wish that I could reveal more to you but this post is public and people are reading it and I really don't want anyone to steal my idea......AGAIN.

All right, we continue with the private messages. I wait your story, I will certainly read it.
Quote:
Is there any other questions that you have? else.

What about Connor? He is present?
_________________

"I just know that when you're around, whether I see you or not, I feel you. Inside."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
babytess6693
Warrior


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 102
Location: Lurking in port charles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

janas wrote:
babytess6693 wrote:
Your english seems pretty good to me. Smile

As regards my English, I'm definitely not in a position to correct any errors (I myself I need to be correct all the time), but I can tell you if the story flows well, this yes, I think to be able to do it.
Quote:
Spike is in it but he's only around for like 5 minutes at the beginning and has a small part at the end.

But I can always take him out and replace him with someone else.

Rule number one: Never change your story only because don't like to your readers. This is one thing that I did when I started writing fanfics, I allowed that the reviews would guide my stories, and I changed my fanfics following their tastes, but in the end, this left me unsatisfied. It's your story and it's expected the presence of a certain character, he must be in. With Spike my problem is that... Well, I don't like him much (much less Spuffy), but I can take it for five minutes.

Quote:
There's a villain in my story but it's someone that nobody would expect.

I wish that I could reveal more to you but this post is public and people are reading it and I really don't want anyone to steal my idea......AGAIN.

All right, we continue with the private messages. I wait your story, I will certainly read it.
Quote:
Is there any other questions that you have? else.

What about Connor? He is present?




There's a character in the story that is italian so your language and knowledge of Italy could be a pretty good asset.

I can correct most of the errors but grammar is another story entirely.

I can play out a scene in my head and know how it's supposed to go but once I type it out, the scene looks choppy and generic and just plain stupid.



Spike buys a motorcycle after NFA and goes around the world selling his S&M poetry book that he wrote with Harmony.

He only shows up to support someone at the beginning of the story and to attend a wedding towards the end of it.

I wanted to build bangel up without the obstacle of Spike looming over them.

Plus I really never got into him....Ever.


Thanks for the tip. I'm just such a people pleaser.


My writing style is a bit different than some people in the fandom.

I don't do easy or wamby pamby or fluffiness.

I like to think outside of the box and explore theories that a lot of folks can't or rather refuse to get hip to.

Like for example, one of the characters is struggling with infertility and another one is dealing with homelessness.

That kind of thing might not be for you so please ask any questions that you have about the story.

Because the flow of good vibes might not be there and I really don't want to waste your time in the event that it might not be.






Connor has a huge part in the story.

He's working with bangel in the business and figuring out who he is in the process.

He 's like a shoulder to cry on for several characters.

He ends up finding love with someone that he meets at school and who turns his world upside down.

Connor goes out of the story a lot happier and more adjusted than when he came in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
janas
Dark Avenger


Joined: 31 Jan 2011
Posts: 455
Location: Italia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like everything you've said. Yes, I'm in. I love Connor and I think I know him well, I have written many stories about him with Buffy and Angel. I am happy that him is in your story, isn't easy to write by Connor.

For the Italian character, really intrigued me, I can't wait to read your history and I hope I can help you in any way possible.
_________________

"I just know that when you're around, whether I see you or not, I feel you. Inside."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
babytess6693
Warrior


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 102
Location: Lurking in port charles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janas wrote:
I like everything you've said. Yes, I'm in. I love Connor and I think I know him well, I have written many stories about him with Buffy and Angel. I am happy that him is in your story, isn't easy to write by Connor.

For the Italian character, really intrigued me, I can't wait to read your history and I hope I can help you in any way possible.


Nice to know that we are almost on the same page.

There is a few more questions that I need for you to answer and if
all goes smoothly, I'll be sending you a synapsis of the story and we can start exchanging ideas and go from there with this.

That will be happening via pm due tothe fear from earlier.

I would send you the manuscript to dissect but it's stuck in my USB and my comp is in the shop getting repaired.

It won't be fixed until next week...at best.

Connor is probably the best character to write for.

He's a lot more on the level than most of the people in my story and his introduction to the story is disturbing but funny.

The italian character is the immortal and right now he is a chubby clown with herpes so any help you give is strongly appreciated.

I think I'm gonna ask the mods to keep this thread open in the event that somebody else wants to come along later and help us with the story.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group