Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IWRY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: IWRY Reply with quote

I can't find a thread on this celebration of B/A with forum writers and maybe your friends, too!

I can't believe Dark Star isn't touting this LOUDLY. The IWRY 2013

http://iwry-marathon.livejournal.com/

The goddess Jo (Librarian2003) of the great classic tome, * Paranormal Project * is hosting. Extra big hugs and thanks for a huge amount of devotion (and work!)

My darling Janas, I tried to find a place to send you feedback on your entry of IWRY: "The Predator" but I can't navigate your sites to do it; I don't know if it is the killer virus packages I have or what. I will stick my windy post in another thread right here in the B/A fic, which might last for other people's "reviews" on fic?

Anyway, I am trying to say something for each of you, as I can, for my thanks to you for your glorious efforts and enduring love to B/A and us, the fans, who adore them, too.

HUGS!
sybil
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I can't believe Dark Star isn't touting this LOUDLY. The IWRY 2013

Friends usually do that for me as Iím too busy trying to gather and post the storiesÖ feel free to tout fair and wide, Sybil.

The official IWRY site is here and each story has contact information on them. You can also leave feedback at the LJ you mentioned; each story has its own day, so just search for the corresponding number.

For instance, The Predator was day five, so day five at livejournal would be here:

http://iwry-marathon.livejournal.com/63457.html

Oh, and Iím glad you enjoyed Project Paranormal. An awful lot of work went into that site, and its still very popular all these years later.

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sybil and DS. I haven't had a chance to even read a story yet (aside from the ones I beta'd), but that doesn't change the happy feeling I get every day of November when I see a new IWRY post.

Looking forward to seeing some discussion on this board about the stories.
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! I'm not very thinky, let alone linky! ha!

I am aiming to answer each story, as I can, and I do try to use email as my PM is locked/gone--who knows and because I talk so very long--I try to use something that doesn't bog down any one else's fun, but I can always count on the mods of this board to get stuff around--much to my embarressment in burdening people who are so creative.

I am aware of the green horse meaning, but allergic to the use of "broken" because people tried to dominate a creature that itself is willing, as both a "group' and a prey animal. I am a total fan of Monty Roberts "join up"--a choice and a "contract" done with respect. Even the use of tying the foot done in Robert Redford's film, "the Horse Whisperer," is a technique that Monty specifically calls an abomination. It's a crime to show that as part of the climax of the film.

But, in literary terms, I think you really do have a keen eye; maybe that is why I latched onto that sentence so much. Ha!

Thanks so much for juggling your own inspirations to help Janas feel confident--we all have seen from her posts (sorry, to talk as if you aren't in the room, Janas, if you are) she is such a positive and lovely force in her connections to this couple and expressing them, as you say, Kairos, for a fresh way to hear from a non native speaker.

Thanks for jumping on board these threads and helping to spread the word on IWRY and why the fandom breathes, changes, and endures.

HUGS!
sybil
janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very late with reading of the stories. I promised myself I would read them all and leave a comment for each fic, and I will definitely.
Sybil, have you actually read "The Predator"? OMG, that makes me happy, and I blush Embarassed Tell me something, anything.. I want to know (in detail Laughing) what think you of what I wrote.

Hugs Heart
janas

"I just know that when you're around, whether I see you or not, I feel you. Inside."
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dear Janas!

I put your feedback right here in the B/A Fiction thread of REVIEWS, RECS (right under IWRY thread) because I had no idea how to get it to you! Did you find it?

Yes, I did see the link to DARK STAR on the "Contact" of your story at the IWRY site, but didn't want to (abuse her) have her doing even more house keeping for me. Embarassed

I have tried to keep my comments private to the author, but I will copy my e mails on what I said to an author in that REC thread, as well. But, I am not sure that is okay, as this forum is for B/A people who actually belong to the forum! ha! So. I just kinda flail.

That is the story!

HUGS!
sybil
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sybil wrote:
I am aware of the green horse meaning, but allergic to the use of "broken" because people tried to dominate a creature that itself is willing, as both a "group' and a prey animal. I am a total fan of Monty Roberts "join up"--a choice and a "contract" done with respect. Even the use of tying the foot done in Robert Redford's film, "the Horse Whisperer," is a technique that Monty specifically calls an abomination. It's a crime to show that as part of the climax of the film.

You know of Monte Roberts? His first book (can't remember the title but it was a general autobiography) made a deep impression on me. I'd recommend reading The Horse Whisperer in addition to watching the movie - it's still fiction and shouldn't be applied to the training of horses in the real world, but that scene at the end makes a lot more sense in the context of the book.

'Kay, I'm gonna stop hijacking this thread now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: